I will be making mini blueberry cheesecakes for the 4th of July! Cool desserts are refreshing during hot summertime weather and being mini makes them portable and easy to serve.
These cheesecakes are baked in patriotic red and blue striped baking cups!
- 12 paper cupcake baking cups
- 14 crisp cookies (such as Lotus Biscoff)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Pinch of salt
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup blueberry preserves
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Place paper baking cups in a standard 12 cup muffin pan.
- Pulse cookies in a food processor until finely crushed.
- Stir together cookie crumbs, butter and salt. Firmly press about 1 1/2 tablespoons crumb mixture into each paper cup.
- Bake at 325 for 6 minutes. Cool on a wire rack 10 minutes.
- Beat cream cheese, and next 3 ingredients at medium speed with an electric mixer until blended.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating just until yellow disappears after each addition. Divide mixture among prepared baking cups.
- Bake at 325 for 15 to 20 minutes or until just set. Cool on wire rack 30 minutes. Cover and chill 4-24 hours.
- Kathy's Tip...I doubled the filling mixture to give a thicker filling to crust ratio.
- 48 phyllo cups, thawed
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- sweetened condensed milk
- whipped heavy cream
- Bake shells for 5 minutes. Cool.
- Beat cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, and sweetened condensed milk until smooth.
- Fold in heavy cream.
- Spoon into phyllo cups.
- Top with blueberries for the stars.
- Top with strawberries for the stripes.
- Chill until ready to serve.
Watch for more recipes from my 4th of July menu.
Come celebrate with me. I’ll save you a seat at the picnic table!